LGBTQ - General Information
Our health providers and support staff are committed to ensuring that all patients who come to University Hospital enjoy equal access to high quality, comprehensive medical care with sensitivity and compassion in a confidential setting, regardless of sexual expression or gender identity. We seek a thorough understanding of every individual patient to fully appreciate their personal experience of gender non-conformity.
To meets the needs of our LGBTQ patients and their loved ones:
- University Hospital has a designated LGBTQ Ombudsman available to help meet your needs or as a contact for any issues you encounter
- The Ombudsman can be reached Monday-Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm, at 973-972-6410
- University Hospital will use your preferred pronoun
- Your visitors will enjoy the same visitation rights as all of our patients
What We Offer
- Primary Care, Specialty Care and Hospital Care for LGBT patients and their families.
- Comprehensive Transgender Health Services including hormones and surgery
- Information, Referral and Patient Navigation for LGBT patients and consumers
- Outreach and Health Education for LGBT organizations and communities in New York City
- LGBTQ Training Resources
- Advocacy for LGBT Health Equity with local and national health policymakers, researchers, and educators
- Sponsorship of LGBT Events and Activities
University Hospital has a gender neutral bathroom on each floor that can be identified by this sign.
These bathrooms are located in the "Yellow" section hallways of the hospital. The room numbers for each floor are: