The Supplier Diversity program at University Hospital is committed to working with diverse suppliers. We recognize the competitive advantage that supplier diversity brings to our organization and the benefits derived from having diversity in the workplace, our customer base and most definitely our supplier base.
Our Supplier Diversity Program will:
- Work to ensure that diverse suppliers, such as Small-, Minority-, Women- and Veteran-owned business enterprises, are provided an opportunity to participate as a supplier or contractor for goods and services provided throughout the hospital.
- Encourage Second tier spend reporting of our prime suppliers, and seek a commitment to supplier diversity by providing opportunities to certified diverse businesses and reporting the progress.
Our program will assist Small-, Minority-, Women-, and Veteran-owned business enterprises through:
- Training and education: Offering training and support on doing business with University Hospital
- Tracking: Monitoring and reporting progress in achieving targeted goals
- Certification: Assisting suppliers in obtaining certification needed to qualify for procurement opportunities
- Increase participation: Facilitate internal programs that promote awareness and inclusion of diverse suppliers in all hospital opportunities
- Outreach: Seeking diverse suppliers through active involvement with minority development organizations and participation in various trade shows.
Companies interested in doing business with University Hospital should register in our supplier data base at: https://uhnj.suppliergateway.com