Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information and Resources
University Hospital places the highest priority on the safety of our staff, patients, and guests. We are working closely with our Local, State, and Federal Public Health Agencies, to ensure that we are prepared to handle suspected cases of Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19.
How is University Hospital preparing for COVID-19?
- Screening signs & Respiratory Hygiene Stations are available at all public entrances to University Hospital, which enables visitors and patients to review the symptoms of COVID-19 and easily access face masks if they are feeling ill.
- The Emergency Department is fully prepared and has been screening patients suspected of having COVID-19.
- Hospital personnel have participated in mock Novel Coronavirus patient exercises to test our processes.
How is University Hospital keeping you safe?
- Patients suspected of having COVID-19 are appropriately isolated as per CDC and NJ Department of Health recommendations.
- The hospital has adequate supplies of PPE, which are available for any staff who are caring for any suspected COVID-19 patients.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- New Jersey Department of Health - COVID-2019
- World Health Organization - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)